Welcome to the Ursuline Preparatory School Ilford website. Within you will find details of the school and its admissions procedure, along with the many achievements of our pupils including their high academic standards, fine music tradition, award winning choir, and developing sporting programme. We are an established Roman Catholic independent school and nursery for boys and girls from the ages of 3 to 11, and part of the worldwide network of Ursuline schools.
At the Ursuline Preparatory School Ilford we aim to give each child the best possible start in life. As well as having extremely high and rigorous academic standards along with high expectations of behaviour, we provide pastoral support appropriate to the needs of each unique child in our care.
Our school motto is ‘Serviam’; I will serve. We believe that providing opportunities to develop one’s own individual unique talents and realise one’s potential to the fullest, are necessary in order to enable this ethos of service for others. We provide a friendly, secure, happy and stimulating environment in order to facilitate this. We are proud of each and every one of our pupils.
Working closely with parents benefits our children at each stage of their learning. We also arrange a visiting guest speaker series for parents on a range of educational topics.
I trust you find the information contained in this website useful, but if you do have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.
I look forward to meeting you.
To live and learn in harmony,
Caring for each other;
Treating everybody as a sister and a brother;
Reflecting Christ’s actions and His message too,
By striving for excellence in all that we do.
Aims and Values
- To provide a safe, secure and welcoming environment for all children, parents, staff and visitors to the school.
- To offer to all children and staff the experience of working in a Christian community which finds its inspiration in Christ and His gospel, whilst recognising and respecting the freedom of individuals to worship God according to the practices of their own religion.
- To encourage children to become independent learners by building on their curiosity and desire to learn and so develop their skills, concepts and understanding.
- To provide a broad, balanced curriculum which promotes the full academic, personal, physical, social, emotional and spiritual development of the individual child.
- To recognise each child’s unique value and giftedness and enable him or her to develop a positive self-image.
- To instil a sense of personal responsibility, self-discipline, respect and care for one another and the environment.
- To enable children to use, learn from and build onto existing knowledge and experience.
- To establish close links between home and school which will benefit the all-round development of the child.
Learning and Teaching
KS2 SATS Results
The pupils and staff at the Ursuline Prep School in Ilford have much to celebrate with another year of outstanding results in their KS2 SATs. Nationally, only 61% of pupils achieved the required standard in both English and maths. The pupils of the Ursuline Prep performed remarkably well with 76% achieving the required standard.
Sunday Times Top 100 Prep Schools
I am pleased to announce that our school has once again been included in this prestigious list. Last year we were placed 83rd and this year we have made a dramatic jump to 38th position. The Sunday Times Top 100 UK Prep Schools listing is based on academic results at Key Stage 2 but is also a reflection of the hard work parents, pupils and staff put in on a daily basis.