Y1 Class Assembly
A big thank you to Year 1 for their fantastic assembly on The Three Billy Goats Gruff. Thank you to all of the parents who came as well. The next class assembly will be Year 2 and will take place on Friday 2nd February at 9:10am in the hall. Year 2 parents and friends are invited to attend.
As we start a new year a few reminders about how you can help us to keep the children safe whist they are at school.
To ensure the safety of our pupils, I would like to kindly ask that you close the school gates securely after you walk through them. These gates are guarded with a security code and any parent with a pupil at the school will have this code. Please do not be afraid to close the gates if you do not know the person behind you. Equally, please do not be offended if a parent closes the gate in front of you as they may not recognise you. We must all work together as a school community to keep our children safe. Thank you very much for your cooperation and help to ensure the safety of our pupils.
We ask that parents do not park on the double yellow lines on the corner of Coventry and Morland Road as it obstructs the view of anyone turning into the corner. Please do not park on the zig zag lines to enable pupils and parents to walk out of the school safely.
Can I please also remind everyone that the parking bays in the front of the school are for staff only and must not be used in the morning for dropping off. This is currently causing staff lateness which impacts on your own children.
Playground and After-school club
In order to safeguard the children can we please ask that parents do not enter the playground when dropping their children off in the morning? When collecting from after-school club please ensure that you sign the children out by signing the register and remain by the door until your child comes to you.
Stevensons have sent some additional information to assist when purchasing uniform from their site.
- Live Chat – we now have a live chat button on our website which shows in the bottom right hand corner. If you have any queries you are able to chat with one of our Customer Services team during normal opening hours. If you are using the chat outside of normal hours, you are able to leave a message and one of our team will come back to you during opening hours.
- Telephone Customer Services – you are able to place orders via our telephone line on 01727815700. Our Customer Service representatives will be able to answer any questions you have as well as being able to advise on sizing.
- Out of stock items– if an item is showing out of stock on the website, you are still able to place the order as normal and this will create a back order. As soon as stock arrives in, the item that has been reserved for them will be dispatched out to your selected delivery address.
- Selling events – please do attend our dedicated fitting days so that our members of staff can assist with sizing. Even if you do not wish to purchase on the day and wish to buy online at a later date, we can still assist you in finding out the sizes you require.Enterprise Week
- Nursery – People who help us
- The week of 19th February will be Enterprise Week. The Year 6s will learn about how to look after money and explore aspects of financial wellbeing. During this week we are looking for visitors to come and talk to the Year 6s about their work and how managing finances is important. If you are able and willing to come in please email Mrs Roddy on firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a time to visit.
This term Nursery’s topic is ‘People who help us’. If you work for the Police, Fire Service, NHS, Library or Post Office and are able to come in to talk to the children about your role, please contact the office to arrange a suitable time.
Nearly New clothes
With the summer term fast approaching, we would very much appreciate donations of good condition, clean summer dresses (small ones in particular) for our recycled uniform shop.
If your child has any siblings eligible to join our nursery either in the Summer term ( 3 years old by 31st March 2018) or Autumn term (3 years old by 31st August 2018) please submit your registration form as soon as possible as the spaces are fast being filled. Equally the same applies if they have a sibling of an age to join our Reception class in September (4 years old by 31st August 2018) as together with our existing nursery children and registrations from other children we are fast reaching our limit.
The next PTFA meeting will be on Thursday 25th January at 5pm. We will be discussing the results of the Christmas Fair and looking forward to our next project.
Independent School Entrance Exams
I would like to wish our Year 6 pupils the best of luck as the Independent school examinations continue. Booster classes will run on Thursday mornings from 8am in Year 6 classroom focussing on school specific questions and advice.
School Website Parent area
A new parent area is now on our website. In this section you have contact details for each class teacher, a copy of the timetable and access to what is being covered by each class during the week along with any homework given. I hope that this will assist parents by having a quick and easy way to find out what your child is doing without having to contact the school directly. If you have any problems please contact the school directly on email@example.com
To log in you need to go to www.urspsi.org.uk
You then need to enter the password (which you have received via Clarioncall) to access the class pages.
Congratulations to Year 3 who had no lates. Unfortunately there were no classes this week with no absences. Hopefully this week we have even more classes with no absences and no lates.
Stars of the week
|This Week’s Stars|
|Year 6||Anais||For a huge improvement in her times table knowledge|
|Year 5||Cassidy||For returning to school with a great appetite for learning and continuing to be a class role model.|
|Year 4||Ayaan||For putting in care and effort into all of his work.|
|Year 3||Samar||For an amazing spelling score showing Samar’s dedication to her school work|
|Year 2||Daniella||For working hard in all her lessons and for being a helpful member of the class|
|Year 1||Daisy-Mae||For challenging herself with her maths this week|
|Reception||Elizah||For her progress in reading|
|P.E.||Jeffrey||For helping the teacher|
|Playground||Umair||For always offering to do jobs for the teachers|
|Current house scores|
|Key School Dates|
|Monday 15th January||Owl visit|
|Tuesday 16th January||Speech and Drama begins|
|Wednesday 17th January||Ballet|
|Thursday 18th January||Year 5 swimming, Irish Dancing|
|Tuesday 23rd January||Music Day|
|Friday 26th January||Feast of St Angela Mass 10.30am|
|Friday 2nd February||Number Day, Reports out|
|Tuesday 6th February||Young Voices Concert at O2|
|Wednesday 7th February||Parents evening (3.45pm – 5.45pm)|
|Thursday 8th February||Parents evening (3.45pm – 7.00pm)|
|Friday 9th February||Safer Internet Day|
Class Assemblies The next class assembly will be Year 2 and will take place on Friday 2nd February at 9:10am in the hall. Year 2 parents and friends are invited to attend. Sound of Music Day On Tuesday 23rd January the whole school celebrated Music day which this year had the theme of ‘The Sound […]
Class Assemblies The next class assembly will be Year 2 and will take place on Friday 2nd February at 9:10am in the hall. Year 2 parents and friends are invited to attend. Safeguarding As we start a new year a few reminders about how you can help us to keep the children safe whist they […]